Message ID: 0005624
Time Message Issued: 15:40
Date Message Issued: 30/10/2021
Fire Origin / Fire Name: PORT AUGUSTA
Issued for PORT AUGUSTA in the Upper Spencer Gulf in the north of South Australia
BUSHFIRE ADVICE MESSAGE
A small grass fire near Whiting Parade and Welk Street at Port Augusta is under control, however is causing smoke to be present in the area(s).
You are advised to close all doors and windows and stay indoors if the smoke is causing you concern. Be careful when driving as smoke may reduce visibilty.
For updates visit the MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Oct 30 2021 16:37
WHAT TO DO:
- Check in with your family and neighbours. Smoke can be dangerous for people with respiratory or heart conditions
- Slow down when driving and be aware there could be people, vehicles or animals on the road
- Turn your car headlights on and close windows and outside vents
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- MFS on Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
End of Message